Need-Based Loans & Grants

Home Financial Aid Need-Based Loans & Grants

Federal Pell Grant

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor degree.

You may not receive a Federal Pell Grant from more than one school at a time. There is a limit to the total amount of Federal Pell Grants that a student may receive, which is the equivalent of six school years. Information regarding your limit can be found at

The U.S. Department of Education offers subsidized and unsubsidized loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education at a four-year college or university, community college, or trade, career, or technical school.

Federal Work-Study

Federal College Work Study provides part-time job opportunities for students to supplement financial aid. Work-study students work up to 20 hours per week on campus earning minimum wage.