How should I apply?
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).Complete the application
The FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible after October 1 for the following fall semester. Only an official FAFSA can be used to calculate eligibility for aid.
An official FAFSA must include:
- All signature requirements satisfied (including parents if required)
- An official Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- All required questions completed (no blanks or incomplete answers)
We suggest you temporarily allow pop-ups when using the FAFSA website (of if your browser has the option, select “always allow from this site”).
OPSU’s school code is 003174.
Get a FSAID: you and your parent (if you are a dependent student) will need a U.S. Department of Education FSAID to sign your FASFA electronically.
On the FASFA application, use the IRS data retrieval tool to obtain tax return information if you are eligible to do so and have filed your federal taxes online at least 2 weeks prior. Don’t make changes to the IRS data.
- If you have not filed taxes, provide estimated information to file your FAFSA early, then file your taxes as soon as possible and use an electronic process. After 2 weeks, make corrections to your FAFSA and use the IRS data retrieval tool. Don’t make changes to the IRS data.
- Review the IRS Data Retrieval Tutorial to learn how to use the IRS data retrieval tool when making corrections to your FAFSA.
- If you are unable to use the IRS data retrieval tool, request an IRS Tax Return Transcript shortly after filing your taxes.
Be admitted as a degree-seeking student at OPSU.
When should I apply?
Apply as soon after October 1st as possible and turn in required documents as quickly as possible. OPSU receives limited funding for the SEOG and Federal Work Study. Funding for state grants, including OTAG is limited and earliest applicant receive priority for funds.
What happens next?
You will receive confirmation from the U.S. Department of Education that you have completed the FAFSA. Be sure to review the information you submitted and make any corrections as needed.
OPSU will email you if we determine we need additional information from you. Emails are sent to your OPSU email address, but you must have an active Aggie Access. You can also check the status of your application on OPSU’s self-service at my.opsu.edu