University Tort/Auto Insurance

Home Travel University Tort/Auto Insurance

The Oklahoma Governmental Tort Claims Act (OGTCA) provides liability coverage for all OPSU employees for actions performed within the “scope of their official duties.” This includes automobile liability for state-owned vehicles and use of personal vehicles for “official university business.” Note, this is liability coverage only and does not include collision and physical damage for a state vehicle or your personal vehicle.

OPSU Risk Management recommends keeping hard copies of the three forms below in the glove box of all state vehicles and your personal vehicle, if you use your vehicle for official university business. In the unlikely event you are involved in a collision, these documents can be used as proof of insurance and handy guides for reporting the accident. These forms can be used if you are operating any vehicle within the scope of official business. Specific questions regarding general, professional, or auto liability may be directed to OPSU Risk Management at 580-349-1560.