Student Complaints

Home Student Affairs Student Complaints

At OPSU we are working to improve all of our processes. We strive to make your college experience the best it can be. We realize that at times, we may appear to fall short in some areas. We believe the way to move beyond the occasional conflict is through considered and respectful communication. We have created this webpage to help you in communicating your concerns with those most able to help.

If you encounter a problem or concern your first step to resolution is to informally meet with the faculty/staff member or department involved with the issue. Most issues can be resolved with a simple discussion with all those concerned with the process.

If after meeting or attempting to meet with the involved parties a resolution cannot be found, you may use the linked forms or processes to file a formal student complaint with the Dean of Student Affairs. If the Student Affairs one of the named parties, the complaint will be routed to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.

Student complaints:

  • Must be submitted by the affected student and include student ID number and name. Anonymous complaints will not be processed.
  • Submitted via the online form after the complaint has been attempted to be resolved through informal communications/meetings at the individual or department level.
  • Cannot be a request for a decision (grade change, requirement waiver, etc.), an appeal of a decision or to settle a grievance for which there exists a separate appeals process such as the Code of Conduct.

If your complaint involves:

Academic Grievance

Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct (Title IX)

This form was created to serve as a means by which anyone may file a report of a potential Title IX violation. This form is also for complainants who wish to put the institution on notice, but do not wish to file a formal complaint.

This form was created to serve as the means by which a complainant can file a formal complaint. Filing a formal complaint will initiate the grievance process related to the reported allegations.

Learn more about Title IX

Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals

Student Conduct

Student Employee Grievance Policy

General Student Complaints

Student Grievance Regarding Instructor English Proficiency

To file a grievance regarding instructors who are not proficient in both written and spoken English please fill out this form.

National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)

SARA is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. The purpose of SARA is to make it less challenging for students to take online courses and programs offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.

Learn more about NC-SARA