17th Annual Chili Cook-Off
OPSU is thrilled to announce the 17th Annual Chili Cook-Off! Mark your calendars for November 4th, starting at 1 p.m., for a fun afternoon filled with good chili and Aggie Football. Ready to show off your chili-making skills? Sign up now to participate in the cook-off! Explore our guidelines and access the sign-up sheet below.
- Contest will be Saturday, November 4th, 2023, prior the Panhandle State football game (4 p.m. kickoff).
- There is no entry fee.
- Entry deadline is Monday, October 30th.
- Contestants must provide three gallons of chili for judging and taste testing.
- Four chili judges will choose the top three entries for “Best Chili” and “Best Presentation.” In addition, the public will vote for one “People’s Choice” award.
- Contestants must provide their own heating elements. NO electricity will be available.
- Recipes are not required, but they would be a nice addition to the presentation area.
- Contestants will be assigned a place in the Tailgate spot, and each team will have only about 10′ frontage.
- You may begin setting up at your designated Tailgate spot as early as 12 p.m.
- One rectangular 8′ table will be available for each team.
- Panhandle State will provide sample cups/bowls and utensils.
- For safety reasons, you may be asked to sample your own chili prior to judging and serving to the public.
- Winners will be announced at halftime of the game and presented with awards. Please plan to stay so we can honor your team!
Deadline to enter is October 30th at 4:30 p.m.
We’re sorry, but the registration for our Chili Cook-Off is now closed. Stay tuned for even updates on our website and social media. We can’t wait to see you next year!