Assist the head coach with supervision and coordination of the softball program.
- Assist in developing and executing recruitment of quality student athletes including but not limited to: off-campus evaluation, contacts, organization of on-campus visits, and tryouts.
- Advise and instruct student-athletes on skill development.
- Be an integral part of practice and game preparation.
- Attend and instruct during all games, practices, weightlifting sessions, conditioning sessions, and individual workouts.
- Develop and implement an academic monitoring system of all student-athletes.
- Organize and carry out film exchanges through Game Tape Exchange.
- Organization and burning of game film for opponents and head coach.
- Develop and implement a strength program.
- Monitoring the student-athletes’ growth within the strength program.
- Scouting of opponents and instructing team on the strategies that will be implemented.
- Liaison for the program with the Athletic Training Staff.
- Equipment and gear maintenance.
- Advise student-athletes in their day to day activities.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all athletic coaches and staff regarding facility use and condition.
- Other duties assigned by the Head Coach.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting.
- Be able to transport team to the contests, and be responsible for their well-being.
- Could be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the or his/her designee
- Previous successful coaching experience and/or playing experience and recruiting at the collegiate level. Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting. Excellent written/oral communication, as well as demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.