The College of Business and Technology actively seeks an on-campus instructor or assistant professor for our undergraduate business administration program. Commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarly, research, and/or creative activities are required. Our undergraduate business program is moving toward achieving accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and we seek a motivated business faculty member who will help us achieve this new standard for teaching and learning. Works collaboratively with the Interim Dean. Promotes student success through the development of program learning outcomes and course learning outcomes. Proactive member of the Aggie CARE (Compassion, Accessible, Respect, Empathy) Community. Upholds the OPSU Faculty Promise. Follows university policies and procedures, the university faculty handbook and teaching standards set forth by the university. Faculty members are evaluated each semester by students through course evaluations and undergo an annual faculty performance review.
- Maintain relevant business courses by implementing scholarly, research, and/or creative activities.
- Adheres to reporting student attendance, following grading criteria, and providing detailed student feedback according to standards set by the university.
- Assists students by continually monitoring and evaluating students’ academic progress and making appropriate referrals by using the university’s retention software.
- Caters to diverse learning styles by creating a mixture of text, video, and audio lectures, demonstrations, assignments, and enrichment activities to successfully deliver course content and help students better understand concepts.
- Assists students in development through high-level inquiry-style questions and incorporation of effective teaching and learning tools.
- Collaborates with OPSU’s instructional designer to ensure courses satisfy instructor-student engagement, Higher Learning Commission, and Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education standards.
- Develops and updates course syllabi; adheres to the university’s syllabi template.
- Maintains a strong interest in the pursuit of knowledge and shares it with students and faculty.
- Demonstrates excellence in teaching.
- Assists in assessment and accreditation.
- Participates in department, college, and university meetings.
- Attends graduation/commencement in May.
- Replies to emails from students and Interim Dean within 24 hours of original communication.
- Engages in professional development (with the university and/or outside the university); maintains an updated faculty profile in the university’s faculty credentialing software.
- Conducts themselves as positive role models by incorporating ethical and socially responsible behaviors and mindset expected of professionals. Professionalism should be observed during all interactions with students, faculty, staff, and university.
- Completes mandatory university virtual training sessions such as Title IX.
- Other duties as assigned by the Interim Dean of the College of Business and Technology, or designee.
- Preferred: Ph.D. in business or a related field preferred; previous collegiate teaching experience and/or professional corporate experience highly preferred.
- Required: A master's degree with at least 18 hours in a business specialization is required.
- Ability to collaborate across campus with professors from different disciplines.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible, and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsibly.
- Support the university mission, vision, and core values.
- Dedicated to improving instructor-student engagement.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated with peer faculty, students, staff, and administrators.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking ae required.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
About Oklahoma Panhandle State University (OPSU): OPSU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is the first public Hispanic Serving Institution in Oklahoma. The university is a baccalaureate degree granting institution located in Goodwell, Oklahoma. Rooted in “Progress through Knowledge,” OPSU is committed to promoting excellence in the preparation of students for success in a global community. Our university achieved multiple rankings by the 2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings: #3 Best Value Regional Colleges West; #8 Top Public Colleges for the Western Region; and #17 Best Regional Colleges West. U.S New and World Report also recognized OPSU as one of the top ten universities in Oklahoma, standing out of our affordable tuition rates.