Responsible for all aspects in leading a competitive NAIA soccer program and provide the necessary leadership and to plan, organize, and to carry out the objectives of the university athletic program.
- Develop and execute recruitment and retention of quality student athletes including but not limited to: off-campus evaluation, contacts, organization of on-campus visits, and tryouts.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with student-athletes, former players, faculty, alumni, staff, media, boosters, and the community.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for college athletes.
- Work effectively with student athletes of varying abilities, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
- Responsible for inventory, selection and care of equipment and proper care of the school facilities including Anchor D Stadium.
- Manage the team budget and put together a competitive schedule in line with that budget.
- Communicate effectively with team members, recruits, and administration.
- Emphasize academic success and service to all team members.
- Motivate and mentor collegiate student-athletes
- Advise and instruct student-athletes on skill development.
- Scouting of opponents and instructing team on the strategies that will be implemented.
- Commit to all NAIA, Sooner Athletic Conference, and Oklahoma Panhandle State University Athletics Department policies and procedures. Advise student-athletes in their day to day activities.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all athletic coaches and staff regarding facility use and condition.
- Responsible for team fundraising activities and maintaining quota numbers.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting.
- Be able to transport team to the contests, and be responsible for their well-being.
- Could be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or his/her designee
- Previous successful coaching experience and/or playing experience
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting
- Excellent written/oral communication, as well as demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
About Oklahoma Panhandle State University (OPSU): OPSU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is the first public Hispanic Serving Institution in Oklahoma. The university is a baccalaureate degree granting institution located in Goodwell, Oklahoma. Rooted in “Progress through Knowledge,” OPSU is committed to promoting excellence in the preparation of students for success in a global community. Our university achieved multiple rankings by the 2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings: #3 Best Value Regional Colleges West; #8 Top Public Colleges for the Western Region; and #17 Best Regional Colleges West. U.S New and World Report also recognized OPSU as one of the top ten universities in Oklahoma, standing out of our affordable tuition rates.