Will serve as administrator of all athletic training services, which includes the complete healthcare of all athletes and supervision of certified athletic trainers, serving as primary athletic trainer for specific assigned teams and as a liaison among staff, athletes, parents, and health care providers, managing assigned athletic training facilities and program records.
- Administers and oversees the care, prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries to all student-athletes
- Organizes and maintains all medical records and student-athlete insurance information
- Develops and manages the athletic training facility, budgets, and policies to maintain optimal health, safety, and welfare of all student-athletes
- Liaison with community and medical personnel
- Plans and coordinates physical examinations and screenings
- Develops and maintains emergency action plans for scheduled practices and competition venues
- Manages the inclement weather policies for intercollegiate sports
- Responsible for administrative and other work-related duties as assigned
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 100-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training with minimum five years of experience as a certified athletic trainer in intercollegiate sports.
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Oklahoma licensure by the State Office of Allied Health Professions or eligible for such licensure.
- NPI Number Required.
- Appointment is as specified in the letter of appointment.
- Appointment as an adjunct faculty member does not confer any right to subsequent appointment for additional sessions or semesters.
- Successful completion and passing of a background check is required prior to employment being offered.