The Football/Track Assistant I is responsible for the positive leadership, administration, management, and promotion of all aspects of the football and track and field programs. Football/Track Assistant I is required to teach, tutor, and instruct proper skills and skill development to student-athletes more than 50% of your time. Teaching responsibilities include instruction of physical health, team concepts, and safety. You will spend less than 30% of your time developing effective recruitment strategies, recruiting, and following up on prospective students, researching and targeting high school and athletic camps as sources for potential student-athletes, and visiting high schools and athletic camps to conduct student interviews.
- Ability to develop and / or understand competitive schematics for the football program.
- Ability to develop and / or understand how to coach field events.
- Recruit quality student athletes of good character.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be committed to student athlete academic success.
- Effectively relate to the OPSU community
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting.
- Be able to transport team to the contests, and be responsible for their well-being.
- Could be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach or Head Track Coach
- Knowledge of and strict adherence to NAIA rules is required.
- Demonstrated successful playing or coaching experience and technical competence is required
About Oklahoma Panhandle State University (OPSU): OPSU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is the first public Hispanic Serving Institution in Oklahoma. The university is a baccalaureate degree granting institution located in Goodwell, Oklahoma. Rooted in “Progress through Knowledge,” OPSU is committed to promoting excellence in the preparation of students for success in a global community. Our university achieved multiple rankings by the 2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings: #3 Best Value Regional Colleges West; #8 Top Public Colleges for the Western Region; and #17 Best Regional Colleges West. U.S New and World Report also recognized OPSU as one of the top ten universities in Oklahoma, standing out of our affordable tuition rates.