Assists with the implementation and delivery of assigned financial aid work and activities. Processes, reviews, and evaluates financial aid applications.
- Assist students in preparation, process, and corrections of FAFSA;
- Assist students with completion of missing documents for the financial aid process including verification and tax documents, accepting loans, completing master promissory notes, entrance counseling, accepting terms and conditions, and Title IV requirements;
- Daily load of ISIR applications in Banner, match ISIR’s to database process;
- Ensures accuracy of all tracking requirements in the Banner system;
- Processes the discrepancy reports and resolves outstanding issues with students;
- Assists with posting of scholarships to individual student accounts;
- Assist with Satisfactory Academic Progress by preparing for appeals meetings by gathering necessary data on students;
- Update and prepare all documents for each academic year, including forms, budgets, Pell schedules, grant distributions, etc.
- Assists in the imaging of financial aid records and adhering to quality assurance processes;
- Verify qualifying students for Oklahoma’s Promise and Oklahoma Tuition and Aid Grant and file requests with Ok Regents office.
- Order and maintain office supplies;
- Processes office mail;
- Maintain office files, filing, copying documents as needed, general administrative/secretarial duties.
- Backup student workers as needed.
- Backup Director and Assistant Director as needed.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible.
- Experience in managing records & filing systems.
- Experience in working with computers, knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel and windows highly desired.
- Good communication skills written and oral.
- Problem solving and planning skills necessary.
- Ability to read, speak and understand English well.
- Preferred: Bi-lingual in English/Spanish
- High School Diploma, Associates degree or higher preferred
About Oklahoma Panhandle State University (OPSU): OPSU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is the first public Hispanic Serving Institution in Oklahoma. The university is a baccalaureate degree granting institution located in Goodwell, Oklahoma. Rooted in “Progress through Knowledge,” OPSU is committed to promoting excellence in the preparation of students for success in a global community. Our university achieved multiple rankings by the 2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings: #3 Best Value Regional Colleges West; #8 Top Public Colleges for the Western Region; and #17 Best Regional Colleges West. U.S New and World Report also recognized OPSU as one of the top ten universities in Oklahoma, standing out of our affordable tuition rates.