To help satisfy workforce demands and serve underrepresented populations for the aerospace and defense industry, we seek a motivated and highly qualified professional to help us design an online engineering certificate and micro-credential. This is a Title V grant funded position.
- Design a certificate program to recruit underrepresented student populations and to satisfy the workforce needs of the aerospace and defense industry.
- Work with our instructional designer to create courses using our design standards.
- Comply with the internal and external curriculum review process.
- Collaborate with industry leaders to secure scholarship funds and possible professional development funding.
- Comply with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education’s memorandum of understanding for a micro-credential in aerospace and defense.
- Maintain a strong interest in the pursuit of knowledge and how it connects to the industry.
- Follow guidelines set forth by our Director of Title V.
- 8Other duties as assigned by the Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs.
- Required: Doctorate degree and professional industry experience.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible, and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsibly.
- Support the university mission, vision, and core values.
- Dedicated to improving instructor-student engagement.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated with peer faculty, students, staff, and administrators.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking is required.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
About Oklahoma Panhandle State University (OPSU): OPSU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is the first public Hispanic Serving Institution in Oklahoma. The university is a baccalaureate degree granting institution located in Goodwell, Oklahoma. Rooted in “Progress through Knowledge,” OPSU is committed to promoting excellence in the preparation of students for success in a global community. Our university achieved multiple rankings by the 2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings: #3 Best Value Regional Colleges West; #8 Top Public Colleges for the Western Region; and #17 Best Regional Colleges West. U.S New and World Report also recognized OPSU as one of the top ten universities in Oklahoma, standing out of our affordable tuition rates.