The Defensive Assistant III is responsible for the positive leadership, administration, management and promotion of all aspects of the football program. Defensive Assistant III is required to teach, tutor, and instruct proper skills and skill development to student-athletes more than 50% of your time. Teaching responsibilities include instruction of physical health, team concepts, and safety. You will spend less than 30% of your time developing effective recruitment strategies, recruiting, and following up on prospective students, researching and targeting high school and athletic camps as sources for potential student-athletes, and visiting high schools and athletic camps to conduct student interviews.
- Ability to develop and / or understand competitive schematics for the football program.
- Recruit quality student athletes of good character.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be committed to student athlete academic success.
- Effectively relate to the OPSU community
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year for practice, games and recruiting.
- Be able to transport team to the contests and be responsible for their well-being.
- Could be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach or his/her designee
- The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Knowledge of and strict adherence to NAIA rules is required.
- Demonstrated successful playing or coaching experience and technical competence is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated successful playing or coaching experience and technical competence is required.